Thursday, July 31, 2008

Convenience? or Laziness? You Decide! But I have an opinion of course!






I remember on one of my first trips to the USA.  I was with my cousins and we were in Cleveland Ohio in the middle of a trip an extrusion around Lake Erie.  We were making a stop and needed some cash. It was there that I saw my drive thru bank. We couldn't get over the fact that you could drive up to the bank and not even have to get out of your car. A wonderful invention for us in the frozen north, where it is often so cold when you breath in your snot freezes.

I have been in the USA most most of the last 17 years and I saw something new to me but obviously not the locals of Defiance Ohio. 

I couldn't believe it!!! A drive thru convenience store / package store. And I  got pictures to prove it. Cigarettes, Soda, Chips, or Beer. What do you need? Red Mountain Dew or the new blue one a customer was asking for. 6 pack of miller lite at 11 30 am. 
Let's try to make our lives  even more convenient. Don't feel like getting out of the car because you hate taking the kids in the store. Hey just go to the drive thru. etc, etc, etc
I could really get very sarcastic quick here so I better stop. I think you know where I am going with this. 
I don't know if this is poetic, coincidental, or random. But right around the corner from this fine establishment is a bar named "sinners".
Peter

No comments: